Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm Catching Up!

I have some catching up to do. The holidays and this job thing have been keeping me from what should be my biggest priority, The B Team Blog. I apologize to the 1 faithful reader I have, whoever you are.

So here is a ride report from before Christmas!

Hello,

If you were sleepin' in you missed a good one! We started out with about 18 riders. 8 of us did the Solvang Loop and the rest did the Paradise road loop. The climb up Old SM was actually enjoyable and Dano and Larsen did a good job of setting a nice steady pace and we were able to keep almost the entire group together. The ride down Stage Coach was a little on the chilly side and I heard from Dave that Paradise Rd. was even colder. Those of us on the Solvang loop were pleasantly surprised with nice temperatures and lots of sunshine. The ride ended up being 90 miles with 5,700ft of climbing and took us 5 hours and 30 minutes to complete with one flat tire. It's so nice to ride on some different roads and mix-up the scenery now and then. The riding in the Valley is hard to beat. We did run in to a pretty substantial side wind on the section from Gaviota to Refugio. I wish I could've taken a picture of how far we had to lean over to keep our bikes upright but I needed both hands on the bars to wrestle with my deep-dish wheels. Other than that little section it was smooth sailing. Check out the blog for the rest of the photos. Hopefully seeing pictures of your friends out there doing epic rides is gonna motivate you to get out there next weekend! The more the merrier!

See ya,

Matt

No comments: