Monday, November 3, 2008

Kimberly Does It Again. Cross Queen!

Hello everyone!
I know that most of you are into the 'off-season' but to have some fun and to improve my bike handling skills, I have decided to try a little cyclocross! It is really a lot of fun, and I've been to 2 races. I can write a race report now after the 2nd one...I had to do at least 2 to make sure it wasn't a fluke!



Last week I went to Spooky Cross in Irvine. It was my first ever 'cross race. It was a lot of fun, and I managed to get 3rd place, even with 2 crashes! Thankfully cyclocross crashes don't really hurt since you're just not going that fast, and the ground is a bit softer than pavement (usually).



Today, I did ConvertCross at Lake Casitas. It was so much fun! The course was really fun, a lot more technical than last week. Today I repeated with another 3rd place in the W3/4 race. I did drop my chain once and get it all tangled, but I was much smoother than last week, and I even got to use my newly found log-hopping skill! It was really a fun time, and there were lots of folks out there cheering. :-) The fields have been good sized--the largest to date in Socal women's 'cross racing!



Here are some photos that fellow ChickenRancher Randy Tinney took.

Cheers,
Kimberly (who is hoping to break the 3rd place streak so she doesn't get the "3" award at next year's banquet)

Check out Kimberly's blog for more details.......

2 comments:

Greg Knowles said...

Great Job Kimberly, it looks like a blast.

Kimberly (aka. DrKim) said...

It is a blast! I highly recommend it! The race atmosphere is much lower key than road racing, and everyone is having fun. And the races keep you on your toes--always something to do! Its a great time.